Monday, January 13, 2014

Class Take Away 1


Wow, this class stands out in so many ways it's hard to pick one thing about the class that stood out more than any other. Though, after we were finished rolling around our desks in the hallway and pondering what we would do our eggs, all of us watched a TED talk featuring Barry Schwartz. Schwartz explained that people are paralyzed by an excess number of choices, and later become depressed or dissatisfied because of the potential regret of those choices. This really hit home with me, as a college student I find myself making hard decisions everyday that may or may not dictate my future. Schwartz's offered  that we "lower our standards" as a solution, but I think the real solution is for all of us to be happy with what we have/who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment