Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Class Take Away 3

This week's class made me learn more about myself. When I showed my doodle to the class I was nervous. Not because it didn't look good, I sorta liked my chaotic looking space man. Its just after looking around and seeing so many cool pencil doodles I felt a little worried that I didn't do the assignment correctly because I used a digital medium. However, as the class was going back and forth about my doodle, my professor asked me how I really felt about it. When I first tried to explain my thoughts on the doodle, I said that I didn't feel particularly good or bad about it. As I went on explaining my feelings I realized my doodle had a message about myself within it. The straight lines inside of his helmet represented my organized thoughts, where as the messy squiggles around the helmet represented all of the new information I surround myself with. I think I need to learn when to stop taking in useless information and express my thoughts more. Because externalizing our thoughts/emotions is another way to work through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment