Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Class Take Away 4

This class was hard for me. I had written an intensely emotional poem, and completely forgot I had to present it to the class. The poem was about how my band wants me to drop out of school to tour extensively, and the struggle I have deciding which opportunity I should take. I ended up going last, and the entire time leading up to my turn I was unable to concentrate on just about anything. It didn't help that my phone was also blowing up with texts from band members. When I finally presented, I got shaky and emotional. Once I was done reading everyone was silent, as if I had stopped time. After a bit of contemplation, the professor brought us all up to speed on how she came to find her path amongst various opportunities. Her story was inspiring, because it was honest. She ended her story by telling me that only I can make this choice, and that my dreams (no matter what they are) are not impossible.

For anyone interested... I have decided to stay in school and work with the band as long as I can. Below is our band's Facebook page, we're going to be done with our record this friday and
will hopefully have it for sale by the end of the month.
Crunkasaurus Rex

No comments:

Post a Comment